We had a day full of art yesterday. FULL of it!
Here's a little of what we did:
- Draw/paint with black India ink using brushes and droppers to create swirls, splotches, dots, and other designs.
- Paint over India ink designs with liquid watercolors.
- Collect flowers from around the yard and draw them.
- Open our new box of clay and squish it and squeeze it and make various balls, snakes, food items with it.
- Scribble over masking tape design inspired by MaryAnn Kohl.
- Draw several versions of Totoro (from My Neighbor Totoro -- Maia's current favorite movie).
Here's what did not get done:
- Laundry. I tried and failed.
- Dinner. It was a free for all after Harry got home.
- Any other cleaning. We started the day with a messy house and ended the day with a messy house.
I didn't plan to spend the day doing art with Maia. It just evolved that way. We both got into the groove and stayed there. And sweet Daphne was very patient and easily entertained.
Any artmaking going on at your house?