Hello my friends. I am planning something of a digital sabbatical for the month of January. A time for me to disconnect from the web and reconnect with myself. A month to focus instead on my family and who I am and what I want to be and maybe get a jump start on a few New Year's resolutions.
BUT... I don't plan to abandon you or the blog! In order to keep this space and community alive and hoppin' during January, I am scheduling a combination of guest posts, interviews, giveaways, inspiring quotes (you know how much I love them!), and possibly material from the archives.
Would you be interested in writing a guest post?
I am looking for well written posts that fit the tone and content of The Artful Parent. You know—children's art, creativity, crafts, cooking with kids, children's literature, artful science experiments, nature, play, etc. Whether you have your own blog or not, whether you are a fellow artful parent, a teacher, or something else, I would love to consider sharing your post here in January.
Why write a guest post?
- Share your ideas: You have a topic you are passionate about or a fun art/craft activity that you think other families and/or teachers would enjoy.
- Promote your website: The Artful Parent has thousands of daily readers. Guest posts will link back to your blog or website (if you have one) possibly gaining new readers for your own site.
- E-mail your guest post and photos to me at jeanvanthul (at) gmail (dot) com. I would need to receive your post by late December to consider including it.
- Original content only, please. Update: I should clarify that I'm looking for posts that are written specifically for The Artful Parent and not material that has been previously published on your blog or anywhere else.
- You may send me your fully written guest post or, if you'd prefer, you can send me an idea or two for feedback first. Either way is fine.
- I reserve the right to accept and post only those that feel like they would be a good fit.
- I may choose to do some editing and formatting but will run any changes by you for approval first.
- Just about any kind of post/article is okay with me: how-to, list, essay, video, more formal, less formal.
- Please include a brief bio about you, your family or work, and a link to your site if you have one. A small headshot is optional.
- Questions? Send me an e-mail. jeanvanthul (at) gmail (dot) com or leave a comment.