The world is but a canvas to the imagination. - Henry David Thoreau
Isn't that a lovely quote? By the way, I've decided to combine my quote addiction with some weekly updates, so here goes...
- Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and feedback about my forthcoming book and also about the newly completed Arts and Crafts Directory. I really, really appreciate it!
- As a bit of an anti-scheduler, its taken me a while to get to this point, but I'm trying to establish at least a moderate schedule for The Artful Parent—partly so you know what to expect and partly to make planning and writing a bit easier for me. Here are my current thoughts:
- I'm going to keep my art expert and artful parent interviews to biweekly from now on—on Tuesdays, I think.
- Sponsor reviews and giveaways will be on Saturdays.
- I'm going to work hard to intersperse long posts with brief ones as I think I have a tendancy to make all of mine long and I worry that it can get overwhelming.
- As a side note, I keep trying to post fewer times a week but, as I told some friends, I start getting twitchy if I don't post (I may have a blogging problem...).
- My quote obsession has been (mostly) limited to social media until now, but I'm planning to include posts like this every Friday with a quote and a weekly blog update.
- Please welcome my newest blog sponsor, OrganiLuxe, a family business that sells eco lunch bags and snack bags (among other things)—perfect for making school lunches and family snacks on the go more environmentally friendly!
- If you had some things you wanted to order from Sarah's Silks but were waiting to see if you won the giveaway, then you might want to pop over to the Sarah's Silk shop and revisit your wish list.
- Ditto with Cathy James's book, The Garden Classroom: 52 Kids Gardening Activities. Whether you're a parent or a teacher, her e-book has a lot of great ideas for gardening with kids as well as fun recipes and nature crafts.
Any comments? If you have any feedback about this weekly blog update or my new (not-set-in-stone) schedule, please let me know!