1. Fresh strawberries and raspberries! I LOVE the bounty of summer fruit.
2. Warm weather for outdoor living and playing.
3. Maia's newfound interest in sewing. And the projects she comes up with.
4. Daphne's latest drawing of a rose. I just love watching her drawing skills develop!
5. Tuesday, the neighborhood cat, who seems to have adopted us. The kids love to play with him and I enjoy his company as I garden.
6. Gardening! I've been a gardening maniac lately. Usually I'm a feverish springtime gardener but stop once summer (ie mosquitos and hot weather) comes around. But this year I got my gardening start late. It's wonderful therapy!
7. The joy Maia and Daphne get from harvesting their own produce. The girls planted the vegetable garden beds with their grandma a couple of months ago and they are very proud of the lettuce, peas, radishes, and carrots that they've been picking!
9. Garden soups, pies, and other concoctions that the girls create near and in the sandbox.
10. Maia's new potholder loom. She loves it and wove this while swinging on the porch swing. This is one of those childhood staples that I think I must have missed out on. This one was sent to us by Craft Project Ideas, one of my sponsors, and I just noticed that they have instructions for using it on their site. (Lucky for me, since I couldn't figure out how to finish the edges and get the thing off...)
As you can see, this list is very kid-centric. Besides my own gardening and reading, my life this summer is very much focused on the girls. I'm (still) slowly getting back into my work, but spending long hours among my plants and flowers and lots of time reading Harry Potter with Maia, playing kid games, and such.
What's on your "loving list" this summer?